Friday, March 16, 2012

Song of the epoc



We had a request for Primus-My name is mud, but instead you get my favorite Primus song. I've been a huge Primus fan since this crazy dude named Willie had it playing in his car the first time I met him. I was in 7th grade at the time and he was giving me n my boy JB a ride to go skate. It was always good to hear some hardcore shit before you went out to kiss the pavement a few times. We use to refer to certain songs that would pump us up as "go skate music". Primus has more then a few of these songs.

Almost everyone knows who Les Claypool is right ? He has gotten his props for being one of the most amazing Bass players of all time. He absolutely kills it using unique techniques like whammy bar bends, tapping, slapping, and something called flamenco like strumming. I've always felt like the other guys in the band were way underrated. There's been a few different band members over the years but the guys on the best albums ( suck on this, frizzle fry, sailing the seas of cheese, pork soda) were absolutely a perfect fit with Les.

No comments:

Post a Comment