Friday, March 16, 2012

Hold up, the 3rd Worst Fans in All of Sports?



GQ magazine has the balls to say that West Virginia Fans are the third worst fans in all of sports? According to their article (wrote some time ago) only Phillies Fans and Eagle Fans are more hated than the Mountaineer Faithful. Some fans that were considered "less hated" than WVU were: The Red Sox, Duke Basketball, The Yankees, The Cowboys, The Lakers and even Penn State (post Sandusky).

*I'd like to note that even Terp Fans from Maryland came in strong as the #5 seed, also above the Yanks and My Sox.

Is this a joke? Are you freaking kidding me? I mean where do I start? Part of me is honored to be so hated but anybody that knows me knows that I didn't need any help in the world's most hated department. Isn't GQ Magazine like a fashion mag for gay bros and guidos? Don't they do like runway shows n shit? But ok, I'll take it. Too be hated more than Red Sox Fans, Yankees Fans and even Oakland Raiders fans is saying something isn't it? Who else has burnt over 1,200 couches? And in Maryland's case, who else knocks on people's doors and steals couches just to burn them? True story.

My only question is this, what if I am a lifetime Red Sox fan and a devote Mountaineer fan? Is it even possible to hate me any more? That's exactly what I want to hear.

Mountaineer fans are just like Steeler Fans, world fuckin wide!! You see, if you live in West Virginia and you want to be successful, you usually get the fuck out of here and go where it's goin down, taking your roots with you. Same thing goes for the Pittsburgh area. I don't need to explain how it all works, you're not stupid but this is why our fans are the greatest in the world. This is why our fans are in every major city across the country. This is why even away games are really home games for the Mounties and the Steelers. So fuck off GQ, we embrase things like this. What's better than being the most hated fans in the world of sports, you ask? Being the greatest and largest group of 3rd most hated fans in the world of sports.

See, check this bro out. Greatest fans on the planet.



1 comment:

  1. Exactly why we're so hated. we travel in bunches to away games and take over their house. Oh and we throw shit at people, catch stuff on fire and fight.

    ReplyDelete