Friday, March 2, 2012

Like father like son ?

For those of you that don't know much about skateboarding I'm sure you can follow this one. You can follow cuz I know you know who Tony Hawk is right? I wanted to pose a question to everyone. Do you think everyone was born to do something? Well growing up skateboarding I have come to accept that I probably wasn't born with all the things that it takes to be a pro skater. Though I was damn good! Haha, no seriously I was sick yo! Anyways maybe I was born to play tennis but I just never picked up a tennis racket. Like Micheal Jordan was born to play basketball and he happened to pick up a basketball you know? Well everyone knows who Tony Hawk is and that's because he is Mr. Skateboarder, a legend! Tony is the greatest vert skater of all time and nobody will ever take that title away from him. He went pro when he was 13 and starting winning every contest almost immediately. I remember when his son ( Riley ) was born and I always wondered how great he might one day become. I think he was born with gifts to skate but he probably had to work harder then Tony ever had to and he still is not nearly as good as his old man. Not saying that Tony didn't work his ass off, I'm sure he's got plenty of deformed bones and a lopsided ball sack. Point is that maybe only a few of us ever find what we were born to do. Riley unlike Tony decided to keep it gangsta and chose to surf on the streets not on the ramps. Well Riley is kinda grown up now, a pro in his own right. This is Riley Hawks new video part on the Lakai Shoes video.

1 comment: