Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Nascar Needs to Make the Monday Night Move!



You asked for it Mr. Kins, well now you have it. Two-Bit's second Nascar post and what a dandy it shall be.

Even tho I don't believe that Nascar in any way should be considered a sport, I do from time to time catch myself watching a race or two throughout the season. Ok, so I watch more than a race or two. Ok, so maybe I'm a little Jeff Gordon fan and I don't want to admit it because I'm afraid that my boys will make fun of me. Ok, so maybe if they call mountain biking, cliff diving, cross country skiing and swimming, sports, then I'm gna go ahead and consider Nascar a sport.

With that said, something magical happened in the world of Nascar this weekend. As fate would have it(or just shitty weather) The Daytona 500 was postponed until Monday Night presenting a golden opportunity to the sport. This was hands down the best race I have ever watched. Maybe it was the lights, maybe it was just my throbbing Danica Patrick hard-on, I don't know, but it just seemed to me that Nascar has been missing out on the Monday Night scene for far too long. So here is my proposal, it's simple. The Daytona 500 should be ran, or do I say raced.....on Monday Night every year from this day forward. But it won't. And that's why it will be another 5 years before I make it a point to sit down with a case of Natty Light and watch a race from beginning to end.

Rednecks UNITE! Do something with your Sunday afternoons for Christ sake. Get off your fat ass and take your stupid wife and kids to the Zoo or something. Cash in your wife-beater you bought at the Dollar General, put on your dancing shoes and stick it to your old lady. Sundays are suppose to be for either football or doin it doggy style.



No comments:

Post a Comment